A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 27, 2020

the end of willpower

Let the fade of willpower wash away,
the urge will pass
if we just stay. There isn't a dream
that could end us now. But if we die
in this dream, we will never wake up
somehow

and I know what you'll always want.
It's powerful since, I want it too

We can synthesize, recombine our sighs
and minds, and grow 'til we never
break through

but I'll still be here.

And you'll still be there.

I will never stop wanting you for
myself. It would be for you too, since
that's half the whole point, but

I cannot pretend anymore
this is hell.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Devastating and heavy. Well done.

dogimo said...

Thank you.

That closer can be read two ways!