A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 27, 2020

renovation co

I hired a crew of hands-on know-how types
to bring ladders and buckets and tools
into my life and do shit right
for once. Get it squared away
and humming, as opposed
to my usual half-ass it'll work
good enough approach. They seem

to like me. We're all affable;
they work all day and then
we crack beers and take turns
cooking. They are every single one
of them nude supermodels, in addition
to their dream job general competence
at shit. All-in-all, a great group
of guys! I guess male nude supermodeling
is a niche sport, doesn't pay
at the same rate scales, so
they take other work
and boy am I glad.

Also, they wear clothes
on the job. Not that job, but
this job. My life has been
never quite so put-together,
so sound at all the joins. I just
wish I'd done this
ten or twenty years ago,

but
I suppose
they'd have been babies.

They kind of still are,
in a lot of ways! That childish joy
they take in a job well the hell done,
the joshing around during and after. I bet

they don't really like me. Don't
respect me, probably but
they put it on for my sake
and for the sake of the business. Well,

that's fair. Four stars
out of five, guys. Keep up

the good work.

No comments: