A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, July 19, 2020

open question

I never have anything in mind
when I ask.
So "whatever you want"
is a real impasse.
I just thought I'd find out
what was going to be? If only
I'd kept my mouth shut.
I guess we'll see?
Since you would have gone some which way
of your own,
if I hadn't barged in all curious.
Perhaps you can find your way back
to that. But in future?

If ever I ask,

It means I don't want to suggest
or steer, or control. I never
do ask if that's my goal. I suggest.
Or I point. I control
myself.
To try to control you
or anyone else is
not thinkable. Doesn't occur.
Undesirable, too.
Distasteful and strange.

How can I find out
where it's at
if the answer is changed
just because I happened to ask?
Insane. "I don't know" "I haven't decided yet"
- these are facts,
and always on-point
any time one asks
and it turns out
those answers are true.

I am not trying ever
to draw my answer out,
or put mine in
when I have asked you.

I have asked you.

No comments: