A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Let's assume

I don't understand how dew
comes about, but it does. It is there
by the time I go out. I assume
that the mist of night decoheres
into drops from evaporate state
as the morning nears. I assume
no motive for this. It could be
a physical yearning
for surfaces, and grass
spreads its surfaces wide
to collect and cohere all the vapors
that pass. So it ends up atop,
and occasionally underside
as well. There is dew.
I don't need to ask. We don't
need Netflix documentaries on this.
Let's assume that the mist
loves the blades as they cut,
almost motionless through
the night air, 'til the water's
seduced and brought low
like a drink
to a cup.

Oh, you knew it would always
be there. When you get up
that early? It's hard
not to care.

You assume
that your feet
will be wet, walking out. Well, what
has drawn you to the lawn?

Same thing
as has drawn the dew,
no doubt.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I enjoyed this one.

dogimo said...

Yeah, your enjoyment is pretty much.

dogimo said...

You do realize we're wearing the same hat? Yeah. Bonds. Bonds bind us. You're enjoyment is really pretty much.

Mel said...

I do.