A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, July 12, 2020

banana bread calculations

I eat more banana bread than
if it was going out of style.
I eat banana bread like gangbusters
eat banana bread, and let me tell you
back in the days of Prohibition
those courageous, clandestine dudes
in their insular little cells
having to trust no one with their lives
but each other used to consume
enormous amounts

of banana bread to fuel
their righteous crusade. I eat

banana bread like a house on fire,
and I am the fire, and the house
is built of banana bread. Banana bread
and me
are like
two peas in a pod,
very shortly to become one
larger pea. I eat banana bread
like probably an ape would. Because
I can't imagine that ape doesn't love
bananas! Or wouldn't recognize this
supremely efficient improved delivery system
for that banana-y goodness

Banana bread makes my mouth wish
it was my stomach already, and my hands wish
they were my mouth, and my eyes wish
they were my hands.

Some people don't like it,
banana bread. They have no taste
for it, or perhaps none
at all. I dismiss such fools
from my calculations - except
possibly as a source of additional
banana bread, when banana bread
is distributed to all
and some want none. I can perhaps
take that off your hands
for you

No comments: