A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, July 19, 2020

ignore the secret part

Whoever comes into my life
I know who sent them
why they're here
and what they want to do to me.
They're trying to make me paranoid.
It isn't going to work, you see.
I'm wise to their chicanery.
I just ignore their secret parts
and deal as open, blithe, naive
as any sweet sincere dear heart.
It drives them nuts, just underneath.
Their surfaces and faces glad
proclaim their wonder and delight!
But underneath, I know they're mad

I've seen the world behind the world
I know it's real. Against it, I am right

As all these agents of the world
behind the world just grind their gears
and machinate in vain
to pierce my starry veil. My tears
are side-effects of yawn, by now.
It runs all through me now, there is
no hidden core of hate, contempt, disdain
- just sweet and yawning, tired abyss
within which colored lights are drifting
as it yawns some more. These neverending

vain attempts these agents make
just widen gaps and pile on points
I always score.

No comments: