A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, July 18, 2020

indescribable

You’re an abyss of forbidden
wonder I’d like to die
halfway through exploring.
Your words conjure awful
and marvelous gods
and goddesses, and
make them at home
in happy country cottages.

So I had
this idea of you; I knew
it wasn’t you, but I figured
it would change
as we got to know each other
better. Strange. How did you
become my idea of you
so easily? I feel like Tokyo
before your gigantic Godzilian
rampage. No actually, I feel
like Tokyo after

Wow
Your mind’s
a stealth commando strike force
working in perfect sync. If a whole
countryside’s worth of bees
had swarmed inside me
to make honey in my heart - that
would be you. You are the bees. Buzz
buzz buzz. You’re a fixed star
in my night sky. I don’t dream
of reaching you, it’s enough
that you shine for me
to steer by.

Know what I like about you? Everyone
keeps trying to set you up as a statue,
and you just keep crushing the pedestal.
Your eyes are surveillance equipment
from some beautiful alien dimension. Peering
into ours
from unfathomable depths. What
do you see? What are you trying
to see?

You are
an outpost on the borderlands. A bulwark,
a fastness. An encouraging sight, for all
who venture near. You’re the funnest party
in the world forever, and you keep
inviting me, so offhand-casual.
I accept. Your mind
and heart are

indescribable

Okay. Your mind and heart
have the finest ass humanity
has ever seen. My mind’s eye
and heart’s tongue are droolin’
like a fool over the ASS ON THAT
mind and heart of yours. In some sense
Arguably
I am calling myself

the finest ass humanity has
ever seen, and saying

your mind and heart
have me.

2 comments:

Mel said...

This was absolutely gorgeous to read.

dogimo said...

THANK you. I was worried it was a little short on music. Or consistency. It's kind of a ratatat anthology of themes. I mean, I was happy with it! I thought the theme of trying to describe and then title it "indescribable" kind of eked it by. "Absolutely gorgeous" though!

Thank you. Unexpected.