A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 28, 2020

Why I'll never write an Encyclopedia unless I get hired by space aliens

The Dutch
(I believe Dutch)
city of Antwerp
is great. It sounds like
any other city, maybe
except like you're calling someone
an ant and a twerp! Imagine living there.
You'd be an Antwerper, or something. Perhaps
you'd just be an Antwerp. Someday I'd like
to go, but for various other and more subtle,
cultural reasons surely. Well,
those plus the name. It's
such a great name
for a place
where you can go
and listen to all the people,
speaking in their funny little voices!
I consider myself a broad-minded world
traveler, considering the world goes
around and around, and I pretty much
hang on

2 comments:

Mel said...

Antwerpian.

dogimo said...

I knew there was another one.