A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

The smaller potato

The smaller potato,
the bigger steak. That's
what I get, but it's not
what I want. Yet
someone's been generous.
And I couldn't bring
myself to the ingrate's stance
upon any such thing. It's why
people love me, I guess.
It's not why I do it.
It's kind of a mess.
I don't know why
I do. But I don't
care to guess.

In a case like this.
Where they gave me

the best

they knew, or wanted
- and left themselves second
to one. But took

the potato of generous size
to console themselves. It was wrong

as a guess, but
I guess it was right
to lie.

No comments: