A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 03, 2020

Explanatory Notes

I explain things in an offhand,
deadpan matter-of-fact way
that goes on and on with digression
and fractally-multiplied kaleidoscopic
tangent until something or some one thinks
its (or their) intelligence
may be insulted, or has been, that I
must be kidding (them
or self) and I am

not! I mustn't! I'm just
enjoying the sights along the
long, long way right over the cliff.
A pleasant daylit amble in ever-changing
weather and light of the moment's notice,
blasting from my Aldis lamp, clickety-flashing
like a disco strobe aimed laserlike at key
features, burning the ants

off of them

this,

I mean well. Very well! And I am sincere,
endlessly swinging at shining length, a huge
garbled knot of gleaming metal, sharpness of point
and blunt force of clarity, swung deft, feather-touch
light and car crash hard by imposing haft. Heft that
masterpiece of peace weaponry! If you will,
if you are interested or worthy, and find
- is it unwieldy? No! 'Twas light as a beam
and I loft it so. And besides, people
get that. About me. Not what I mean, always
but that I sure do mean it. They get it. They

would have to. Process of elimination. Who the hell

could conceivably lay down so high a line
of patter with an ulterior purpose to serve?
WHAT purpose? It's indefeasibly purposeless,
how I roll - and right, and fair, and just

my way. I don't mean nothing by it.

I mean everything. So mean
I mean it all, but well, you know

it isn't and/or wasn't
important. My interest in the topic
ends in yours, anytime we or you
like! We can talk
about nothing, or anything

else. This

and other explanatory notes
drift floating in bottles populating
the undulating surface of every ocean
on earth by now, some of them even
wending up rivers like salmon, clear
glass or green, once beer-filled,
not freighted with a more papery
sort of hope and refreshment -
all jotted and stuffed
and carefree flung
by me, off-hand

in the hopes it's enough. Or could be

No comments: