A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 28, 2020

school ball

It's funny, but
school ball doesn't appeal to me
at all.
I know it's the same game, but
basically - I'd rather watch B-League, not
some kids

Doing it for free!
(by rule) (it's not
their fault, but that's not
the point) (who wants to see
a school play?), no

Pay some GROWN MEN
(it could be grown women,
too but nobody seems to take
those leagues seriously, sadly. Lingerie
league? Come on
The players
- forgive me -
seem to think it's some
kind of joke) (even the coaches,
I question their level of interest)
(I question the nature
of their interest) sorry
I got distracted. Pay some
GROWN MEN or whoever!
It's not complicated

To run around
hitting each other
jumping and chasing after
a children's toy -
trying hard in the sweat
and the muscle and menace
to make some point.
I say it's grand!
A game of guts and destiny!
Helmets on, pads
and cleats, a high-tech playing field
surface or good ol' grass - and somebody
just made 14 million dollars
for it! On one play! Well
I don't actually know how it
works, per-play, but these
are the economies at play.
At work,
in that serious job, and it
makes it interesting. I just want
something at stake

B-League players, hey
- that money means something
to them. It's the difference between
getting a job, and
this IS my job. Ok,
second job. Impressed yet?

School ball, hey
- keep your grades up kids.
Maybe even go out for the
school play. You want to
well-rounded, right? You're
preparing yourself
for life. Maybe even
a serious,
serious
job

No comments: