A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 03, 2020

naive discovery

Naive means
"strong, fresh, artless and direct" and
I think as I age, I'm becoming more
three out of four of those things, so

Naive it is. And that's how I reckon
I'll only be more, since
that's been my natural response

to it. And three out of four
ain't bad - it's seventy-five
percent! Good enough for a D. Any tests?
PASS. Whatever. Rhyme? I go
primitively, rude-hewn simplicity
of no rhyme, sometimes. Other

times it just falls into place
so fine? I'm like

WHO is the best? I'm like
WHO is the okayest? I'm like

hoo hoo "WHO'S the rhyme mastery
apprentice in the place to be
and when this party kicks into
a gear, it will eventually"

And then it is. There, too

Oh, it's RIGHT HERE.

- and I'm right there to match,
it's all I'm getting so clear.
Invincibly naive, I have been
lately being, so

that. Covers that, now

...uh, uh-um, uh-huh

one (1) dill pickle spear

to go

No comments: