A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 03, 2020

coping mechanism verdict full acquittal

I was beginning to
despair, but then
I hoped
it might only be
dismay, disappointment
at expectation, not
unfulfilled so much
as the glass cracked in half
such that neither could be
filled. Except incessantly,
perpetually, a futile
endeavor. Anyway,
in such ways
as is often my wont,
I distracted myself
splitting hairs between classes
of adjectives, moods
and problems about which
there's nothing to do.
Or nothing that could be
done. That ceded, that
grasped, I concluded: there is
no solution, and
- there more or less
never was. So

no cause for despair then! It was not
a problem really. More a mere personal

subjective
invincible

distaste

for some inalterable aspect
of reality, and

you know me

I never sweat those

No comments: