A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 28, 2020

pretend contact

Sometimes I want to reach out, but
- it's just a feeling, wanting to.
I haven't got a thing to say. I just
want to refresh your view. Same ol'
same ol' again, though? - THAT
is not the view I wish to give!
I mean, it always plays quite well, but
why? It's something I can't tell,
or guess, and I don't want
to ask. So please forgive
my absences
from your unique view
of this world. It's stupid questions
just like that
you'd always end up with
if I were not so high, exacting
with my standards for what prompts
this contact, girl. There's life
or something like it here
to live.