A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 03, 2020

postposterous

you know at the time,
it all seemed fine
it all made sense

but after the fact?
I see that it was
just gigantically dense

of me,
the wise
(present-tense)
and correct
(retrospectively)
master of suspense.

I do not believe
I do not disbelieve
A ruthless and monstrous
skeptic, for sure!

I used to be taken in
by dreams, since
the logic within was so
right-just-as-if -
'til you wake,
and you find
it was bonkers galore

And you swallowed it blithe!
And you kept on for more,
in a course that was set
by some random tide.

You were doing such things
in your wildest dreams,
and they all seemed so tame, so
ho-hum, at the time. It's a wonder
that this
was all in your mind?

Surely somebody else's. Perhaps
you went visiting out in the night
into some foreign mind. But
it seemed to be you.

Well, it's over. Wake up!
Things will start making sense
once we open the wine.

So let's not decide. In fact:
let's decide not to. Just bury me now
on the underside of the fence,
and we'll see greenest grass
growing in towards the middle

luxuriously dense.
And in your defense,
I will say
It was all

no lie.

No comments: