A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 19, 2019

undeceived superiority

In case you are poorly-informed, you'll want
to listen what I tell you now. That thing
you keep noticing? It's real. Or if
you have not, then hear me out. Others go through
the motions not seeing but I
have long since noticed, and
figured out how,
and woken up.
And you - I notice - appear
to be ready to face
the cruelest cut
of truth,

and walk away harder and sharper
for it. So hear me out.
But don't

blame me

if this

is hard

to take. Or if you feel

you are not quite sharp

enough yet! See and listen here
now, and then

walk open-eyed out

and see for yourself. You will not forget
or be the same way - once you cannot unsee
the truth. It helps.
You will be

one of the undeceived,
a cut above
callower youth, or set-in age

unlike
all the sheep and apes and horses and pigs
and dogs and rhinoceroses
you see walking around on the street
or at least

have seen pictures of
these days

No comments: