A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, April 29, 2019

apophasis

There's so much I could say
but I won't.
About that one unspoken look
About the inside wrench and
monkey works, about
the power courses through me
which I did not make, I just

participate, in them
I just
participate. Sometimes
it's great,
sometimes it hurts, but either way -
what can you say? Let's not

and say we didn't even mention it,
explaining in the process why
- lest anyone think we forgot,
or thought of it too late.

I knew what apophasis was
the first time that you looked at me
and gave me every good because
without so much as reason why
I thought that we should say something
except it just occurred to me -
perhaps it would be better if we did?
- and said we didn't, just
by way of an aside.

I feel it would be wrong, somehow
to mention that I'm going down in your eyes
for the dozenth time - how every time
I drown, I find
my lungs can breathe the liquid,
limpid soul that pools
so deep and still
within your eyes,
where I shall die
each time I come back up
for air, I will - I will
not mention it. Don't know,
just seems a bit contrived.
You know? A bit off-key,
just now. This moment
casually alive would be deformed,
perverted and destroyed

by such hot-handed gropes
of sticky, dripping meaning
and poetic (so-called) fatal
hopes.

I am not going to talk about
between your legs, let's shush
that out - it's understood, I'll let alone
your silken pale and mobile sculpted legs
and back, and round and down, and up
and home, my pigeon brain is magnetized
to find wherever it may roam - some things
(like these, perhaps) go best unspoken,
which is why
I did.

I unspoke
them, by way of
an aside, assuring one
and all concerned, in confidential
tone:

they would be kept

respected, hid.

With that unsaid, let's let it
slide,
and leave it (well-
enough) alone. "Let's leave
all these things out,
as if unmentionable

- we all know why;"

Indeed we do. Or did.

Or if we don't,

We just about can guess? We have
a pretty good idea, let's
not try,

shall we?

No need. At best,
not all things known must be
explicitly affirmed

by being so blithely dismissed
- not even strictly-spoke
denied!

Not even dignified
by this.

Just mentioned out-of-hand
as if let slip, then "Shoo!
Shush! Fly!"

It's quite
the opposite of coy

what you get with this guy.

No comments: