A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

the old forum

If I didn't have to log in
if I didn't need a password I think

that place is still there, and sometimes

I want to run, skipping gaily through the
waving high grass and wildflowers
of the past I misspent there

with all those human beings,
together
without a care or a connection
other than
internet. It was different, in those days

such places were new enough to be mistaken

for where it was at.
But it wasn't yet,
and never will be now. It seems

technology has forged ahead
without a body
anyhow

we don't feel very now,
no more. The cutting edge

is taking bows, and resolute,
refusing to encore.

No comments: