A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, April 11, 2019

courting controversy

Again with the first thing out of my mouth
- some ridden-dead hobbyhorse, broken from
a wild peeve and given endless service since.

Controversy
may be daring thrills, but not
for courting. It doesn't woo

Would I please learn to spout off less
than I do, on first dates? Not trying to hide
who I am, but who am I? Who are you? A fit
and finer dining topic! These vegetables

are amazing aren't they? Oh do you love
vegetables?

I do! I like raw radishes, carrots, asparagus
(cooked though), tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers. Broccoli
and cauliflower, if raw. Tons of others. Actually
I can't think of a damn vegetable I don't like! But the ones
that are good consumed raw
are the best. How about you?

Really.

It's always interesting
to see if anyone objects
that tomatoes are fruits,
and inquire as to why they didn't also object

to peppers

and cucumbers,

also fruits.
Named for that purpose,
in part, I confess. All definitely

vegetables.


Whoops.

I mean,

controversy

can be ok

right?

It's important to believe some things.
We must show truth

has its defenders

regardless of what else is off
in the wings.

No comments: