A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 19, 2019

"carrying things"

Carrying things
we've been entrusted with,
such as things of our own, or
someone else's - hopefully
we asked! "Can I carry this
for me?" An often thoughtless
task - a glass of coffee

a computer, a book to read
a plate of dainties,

some cigarettes
(why not use pockets? Please)
or anything on which to feed
one's body, mind and soul

- we don't think, really
"These things are

in here, I want them all

with me." Convenience,
ease and comfort, we
don't even think

one trip! Perfect

almost there
where I want to be
with all this.

Until something shifts,
and then we drop the ball,

and lurching after it
it all turns wild
one way, the other
- trying quite responsibly
to gather everything back
midair, we let it

fall. All fall, and
oops

why did I even need a ball?
Seems I didn't think

this through. Look
at all this.

Now what
do I do

No comments: