A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

I love you and shit

Just because I love you and
shit it doesn't mean I wanted to
but I want to.
It doesn't mean
I'd have made the choice
but the choice is made. It doesn't
mean
I can explain
or understand
my natural response to your bull
shit and consistent
excellence,
or that I would have any different
response if I could, I'm not saying
I wouldn't or would, but
it wouldn't mean that if
I didn't or did. It would
only mean

whatever this hard knot of twisted,
inextricable fact
means, when I try to unravel it

and when I do not.

it means I love you
and fuck if I know
what else,

but it's a fucking whole
hell of a
lot.

No comments: