A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, April 19, 2019

"The Quotes in the Title"

I used to have a system,
not a system, but a feel
for which poems got quotation marks,
which didn't,
and why proper case
or lower case should be employed
in any poem that I wrote,
when it came time to title it.
All based on something real,
that I resisted finding out
or trying to explain.
To try is fatal.
It could mess with it,
whatever it.
When something works,
you just don't mess.
In each case I was certain,
sure, or anyway infallible.
They seems no longer real,
those days. I look back
and see confidence,
and can't question decisions
made - but neither do I make
them, now. At least,
I make them not that way.
It seems I've lost the feel
for it. The system
has evolved. At least,
I still have

my feel

for line breaks.

No comments: