A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

wish response

If only wishing made it so!

- as yours just did. So far as go has gone
as yet. Today, I mean. For me.
Although,

The world would be
an awful mess
from all the thoughtless wishes,
consequences unforeseen -

So maybe it should just be yours.

I'd trust to that, and gladly offer
any help you wish, to shape and hold
a course, and to explore

- as everybody would,
I guess.
With all your wishes
coming true. But I'd be eagerer than most,

to have, or live, or be your wish,
and call it blessed,
and find it bliss,
and feed your wishes, hopes
and dreams, and grow them

into everythings. As I will try

to do, today: according to
your wish for me. Which was
so sweet. Which always is.

All fantasy aside, sometimes
- telling wishes really can
bring them to life,
and make them so,

as self-fulfilling prophets know.

Perhaps I could be one of these?
I'd cover you with prophecies

and leave you option to fulfill,
accordance subject to your will.

No comments: