A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, February 24, 2018

moral clarity: its questionable use

It's an interesting question,
and therein
lies a story of sorts. So one day

I thought

"what if my sense of moral clarity
may not be useful to others?" I had

reason to think so,
arguably.
At this point
I've decided to play it safe,
for some abstract sake. Who knows?
Down the line I may monetize and/or weaponize
the thing,

if the right vehicle comes along.

I've already got my thumb out,
to be honest, spit-slick and
testing the breeze but I hide it quick
while most vehicles are still pretty
far down the road. Pretty picky
about vehicles, but

you would be too if you
were eyeing them with half a mind
to exploit them for possible deployment and monetization
of a potentially-weaponized
moral sense.

Or: Would you?

The answer

may mean something,

But the point may be moot.
Because the farther I go with it, it turns
out it's like a too-edged sword - a little
too-edgy to cut straight if you're not careful,
and its maybe-moot point renders stabbing

a doubtful question!

It's heavy, too.

Handling
its unwieldy heft
and various questionably-sharp
aspects
requires not
so much skill
as panache. And

without either,

I've found it
can be as dangerous to the onlooker
as to the fool
who toys with it incessantly! So
unwieldy a weapon ought to be

unwielded, arguably. The responsibility
tends to weigh heavily over one's head -
and it's not the sort of sword-thing you want

dangling metaphorically over your head,
especially
in an argument. It's too near
to hand.

In short,
sometimes you have to have the sense to know
the sense you have is no kind of sense
for someone else to be messing with,
not if they have any sense.

All of us
could say the same thing, of course,
but unless
I miss my guess
it wouldn't be in unison.

I hope that answers your question.
I didn't really understand it,
in terms of the options offered, so

I thought I'd answer it "my way." I failed

on a couple levels, but not all of them.
A bit like falling sideways downstairs

end ending up midair

No comments: