A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 05, 2018

pages to save

Wish I knew now what you meant to me
then. I can't even think what I felt,
that I want to bring back again.

I wish I'd kept a diary, maybe reading it
would be like a friend. Like you were a friend.

I wish I had pages with writing on them,
so I could have something to turn. Some way
to know when I reach the end.

Something to learn or understand.
And something to burn.
Something to burn.

And I would reach out my hand, to save
all the pages with you on them, in hopes
that rereading convinces me, and I
would believe something worth
the loss could be good to keep, and then

I could read it and weep.

No comments: