A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, February 22, 2018

differences on average

I believe
there's a case to be made
not too unreasonable, that differences between people

are caused by animals.
For instance, a certain type of lizard.
I have observed women on average
while men obsessed with status, and I noticed
it became heated. Standing up to each other, but

there was a lizard nearby, the whole time
right by the wall. The lizard stopped suddenly
and skittered off. Coincidence? The argument
stopped as well! The exact same time

I started freaking out, trying to explain
about the lizard. What lizard? they wanted to know
It was gone, but

They didn't believe about the lizard,
and as soon as it was gone their
differences vanished

Making fun of my theories. But I believe

it's very important about the lizard

And possibly certain other animals.

No comments: