A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

one's character

I want to say horrible things, sometimes
- but never to you, if you don't mind.
I need you to love who you think I am
your favorite person on Earth,
sometimes,

And other times mine! Deservedly so.
Honestly, that guy can be so damn sweet!
We can laugh as I tell you the horrible things
I wanted to say to others who cross my path,
and I know that you'd well believe
that I let them pass.

Why wouldn't I, though?
I'm proud to be what you think of me,
every chance I get,

As I'm sure you know.


2 comments:

sophistikitty said...

I would like to 'like' this. With a button, I mean.

Because I like this very much.

dogimo said...

Thank you!

I was SO PLEASED to have written this, you have no idea. I'm not even sure why, I mean it's kind of a small thing in a small way, but I like it.

I seem to love ingenuous reflections on my own potential duplicity. I think it's because I'm suspicious of it. So when I get one that neatly twists to a turn and sticks there, clearly pleased and proud of itself I'm like "HA! Got you!!"

I think I've gone simple.