A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

hug to crush

I don't need a hug at all.

In fact, my bones
would break
and my heart give way,
torn by the shards
in the splintered embrace
of my inwardly-gathering cage
of ribs, and pulped by the crush
of my breath-held lungs,
until finally, the hug is released -

and I breathe

in as deep as pain gets,
and everything pops
right back into place til' the next.

When I see it coming I'm like
"what the hey," I'm like

"no hug!" I'm like
No means "NO"
not "HUG"

but I don't have the chance to say
what I'm like.

Oh ok, I guess
I will have a hug.
When push comes to shove,
as it very well might.
Go head now, I'm strong

enough,

at least,

for now,

I'm trying to pick my fights.

And you
are one of the ones

that I will allow.

No comments: