but aren't they all random?



A Pocketful of Poesy was a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog* up until the great derail of 2013. The impossibly-high standard of quality proved impractical to keep up, without a book deal. But don't take my word for it: click RANDOM and judge for yourself! And feel free to offer your critique.
*based on poem rate for calendar years 2009-2012. Also, kidding about the book deal.

Monday, December 31, 2012

you scratch mine

how many stabs
can one back take, before
it scratches the itch
for that punishment, oh
yeah, that's it - just
the spot, right there! Oh,
up a bit,
left, yes -
just what I deserve, oh
you always know best
just where it hurts worst,
and how hard, and how perfectly sharp
the point works
its sudden surprise,
running through
and through - no one
knows my weaknesses the way you do,
which is why I take them all, and
I turn them
to you

No comments: