A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, December 23, 2012

postscript to shitty mood Christmas Poem 2012

Actually

I'm having a lovely rainy day,
and though I am sad I did not
get to get away to family this
year (I usually do) I will have
friends and loves to come in amongst
and get doppy on punch and nog and such
and there will be carols sung, and Carols kissed
(oh that slut doesn't care where the mistletoe is)
and by the end of the lists, as we review the list,
much merry making will be checked off. If
not innocence, there will at least
be bliss. Mixed in with some misty eyes
and chased, perhaps, with gin. We don't mind
a melancholy tinge, come Christmas time. There always,
always
is.

No comments: