A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, December 22, 2012

arrogances, No.2

I know! something

to know something,
I know,

is arrogance.

I want to take
each flaw, and make
it all my own

to tailor it

cut off the bit that fits
by sticking out, and leave
in everything that leaves
a doubt
implied. remove
the lie, excise
the hint
deny
intent, and
make explicit
and unbent
unbowed:
contentedness
in this content,
which is all
I meant.

in discontent
mistakes are made,
left in, if seem
becomes what's meant, becomingly -

So what's implied
is worth working out,
worth bearing in mind
worth noting,
worth saying,
worth repeating again
- well, it's not implied anymore
then.

But then: subtlety's a whore
with a stuck-up pimp
too timid to collect,
yeah,

I'm short. again

wimp

No comments: