A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

an end of one-upmanship

You know what else? I want to get open-heart
surgery
with a tattoo artist as the chief operator:
incision,
crack the sternum, pull the cage apart with the
retractor,
and get my sweetie's name tattooed right there

on the clean smooth front muscle surface (just
under the aorta), then

clink it shut, zip me up

and after a few week's
recovery, I'd be like, "hey baby - guess what
I got?"

Well I'd like to see what she'll do
to top that
next!

I guess
I better tell them
take a picture of it.

before they close my chest
back over me, like a bone meat vest.

No comments: