A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 21, 2012

"rift"

my soul is crying migraines
all over the universe, a wheel
has slipped, fallen, come loose - out
and now nothing works.

my heart - hurt, oh hurt
by myself
and others
and I can't believe
in any part
of this process anymore.

Since all has gone askew
I could ask you privately,
in confidence
- do you have any?
confidence

in me,
I mean
I think you do.

But I don't have any
confidence in you
you are made of dreams

and I thought things
were so sweet here
that I was furious about it
certain aspects, frankly
still

well,

if only I could go back
in time and do one thing differently -
that time I bent over so far
when I kissed your ass

I'd have drawn blood

No comments: