A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 17, 2023

transformative bit

Your comment
snake-bit me
inside the heart! Got in
through the aorta
and why
you got so
mean is beyond
my ken 

Anyone
can see I love
criticism! My great 
heart is full of sincere 
on it! 
That doesn't
mean 
I'm mean, 
but 
you can be
mean. 

I mean, you can.
People can. It's free! But
I mean come on, step back
detach and examine:

everything you said
about what I said was
right, even
if everything
you said about
me was weird.

That works. 

I think you were
just in a bad mood,
and 
- It makes me kind of happy!
In a way, maybe I did help? 
I bring out bad mood, 
draw it like a venom. 

It sucks

After all. I'm here
to help, honey. Me
all stung for no reason,
making "big deals"- SORRY 
not interested! I can see
my way clear 
here 

me
snake-bit
in the heart
sad and wise
in the face, 
but 
smiling on the inside 
with vertical slits in 
my heart's new eyes 
and a forked flickering 
ribbon-wisp of sibilance
testing my needlepoint fangs 

how valuable your comment 
was

No comments: