A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Into the unknown

Her eyes skinned me 
in one up
and down
swoop, and
she stuck a grin in the 
corner of her mouth
with her tongue.

I wasn't sure,
but she sure was, 
and that made me feel 
pretty nice. What I didn't 
know 

was that she was
a space alien, a paranormal 
underwater thing, a vampire, 
a supernatural monster - an 
angel. The reason I did not 
know this - among other 
reasons, such as in my 

experience, I don't tend 
to pick up on stuff like 
that - was that she

was none of those
things. What the who 

was she?

I thought 
I might be
about to find
out.

But
you never
really know 
'til you know, do

you

No comments: