A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Another thing to take care of

I'm done with plants 
that need more than rain, 
and sunlit air, that have 
to be hacked. I'm done 
with pets that need to 
be fed in teeming streams 
from crevice and crack 

okay technically, those 
are ants, not pets.

But I'm done with them. 

They will have to fend. 
I can't take another thing 
to take care of
but you. 
I want 
to take care
of you, 
but 
let's not
begin if it 
has to end.

And let's take
a risk just in case, 

my friend, 
you'll do! 

And I
may do
as well.  
We could
hardly do
better, could 
we? 

Let's tell.  

No comments: