A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, February 13, 2023

the flying balcony

I had a dream
I had a flying balcony
that could attach to the side
of any building
with sufficient flat
surface area, and open
french doors to the interior
(which worked regardless
of wall thickness - the doors
opened outward).

It was of taupe stone with a concrete
floor and a wrought iron grill and railing,
kind of straight and featureless
like a big block motel. 

The thing is, in the dream
I didn't fly the thing. I was just
hanging out with some people and
I'd brought my balcony along. Everybody
knew about the balcony. No one was like "Can
you take me for a ride on the balcony?"

It would've been weird if they
had been!

We were all
totally ho-hum
about the flying

balcony.

No comments: