A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

how we stand

I love 
how you stand 
in my eyes, 
I love 
how I think of you. 
How you, 
standing there, like that 
make me think things
of you.
I can't stop
loving your effect, 
my impression every time 
you come in,

I manipulate 
myself, or it's like 
I do, to love you more 

insidiously, it's
my natural response, 

and it shh benefits
me so much, 
I feel like
I've ripped you off 
the world,
into my eyes,
heart, 
mind
to keep, 

it's
an unequal exchange
at best. Very best, so
much so sometimes
it makes 
me weep 

laughing. 

No comments: