A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, February 03, 2023

A thing for a redhead

No, I don't prefer redheads.
Although I have had a thing
for redheads, but I don't
prefer them. This one redhead,
ooooooo mam. She was...oh,
she was soft. Tall and soft,
and soooo pale, with a mess
of freckles. Her voice was
soft, and I bet her body was
soft too, but you know.

She just looked so soft.
In fact she just kind of poured
everywhere, like water. She
poured through your eyes,
looking at her. She'd say
"hi!" and you'd be like

"Oh, HI!" and she'd be
pouring into you for a while.
Later she'd pour out, you'd kind
of say goodbyes, all cheery -
she'd pour off. Pour away
all soft.

Pour girl. Do you know
what happened to her? Me
either.

The more I think about it,
I get suspicious. It could be
she was some kind
of space alien
or monster
or some thing. People
are never that soft. We don't
pour everywhere. She

was no typical redhead - if you
know what I mean! Is there, really,
a "typical redhead"?
She wasn't.
She did
have a bright
red head, though.
Definitely a redhead.

Couldn't miss it.

A thing for a redhead, yes. For
a while, there.
I wouldn't call it

a preference, though.
Not quite the right word.

Call it a thing. Perfect. 

No comments: