A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 02, 2019

What if the devil, you know, showed up?

What if the devil, you know, showed up?
Well hold it is it the devil I know,
or the devil I don't? Either way, though
if I spot who it is at least, I'd ask him
to take a running fuck off a dumptruck
and land in a pile of butterfly shit, please.
I would actually phrase it “Would you please…?”
so there's clarity. So it's clear he understands
that it is a question. He is not being compelled,
but asked, to fuck off. Please note, side note
- and I hope I’m not misaware, here! I do see
the specific profane words scattered through
in life. Not commonly but rarely, judiciously,
and - apparently! - acceptable, or considered
so. Since they're there. Unless I'm always
one step ahead of discretion and gone
before some flying rebuke comes in,
it seems acceptable, because
accepted. That would be odd. However,
I wish to emphasize and underscore
I'm not some Bonolord trying to push the Edge
using oh!-My-honest-goodness! “Bad Words.”
Who Cares? Just syllables, friends
- and there are no unjust syllables,
but be fair in how you use them. Me,
I just wanted a little strong color
in my picturesque. 'Cause it is the devil,
correct? Correct.

In theological terms,
all I've done here is quite liberally
“curse the devil” - something
that used to be done all the time,
and is still considered licit.
Or is it?

No comments: