A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

had the most delightful

I just had the most delightful experience
taking the trash out. Usually reaching in,
working the bag mouth free from the top
of the can - the pull-out strappy handles
come from top and bottom, in my top-down
view. So I'm looking - where are they?
I don't even see the opening. VWOOOP!

They were right under my hands, and
pulled loose and out of their own accord

and the mouth sphinctered up
into a pucker! And I resumed

lifting the bag, and took it out. Well,
what a savings of motion and effort! To
orient the bag that way to begin with!
What if I deposited the new liner
in this ingenious way? I'd be just

as surprised and delighted as this
time, I can actively guarantee it! Until
I got used to the change, it would be
a knockout surprise, each time. Who

expects that, taking out the garbage?
Delightful, unexpectedly delightful.

I would remember, each time, cued
by my surprise and delight, to set
myself a little trap for next time,
too. Then forget all about it,

until it sprang. Eventually,
I'll begin to see it coming
of course. But even then, there will be
a long, ongoing period of appreciation,
savoring the reveal and half-humorously
congratulating myself on my thoughtfulness.
A note to self: in gratitude.

I added it to my list of life hacks
which unfortunately
always goes missing between entries.
This one, though. It feels like a
keeper

No comments: