A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 06, 2019

some swoon of yours

Yours is the swoon that woos
me, makes me swoon
myself,
and bless my monstrous
disastrous, lucky stars,
that somehow someone like me
caught your eye so,
and drew you
towards me. Blew me up
towards the sky
and so now.

We're left

with our way in a dance,
in each other's sway
and no pretense left. We've been
needless of more
and more pretense
each step.

Your eyes,

voice, spark

and slaying blade
arched arrows hit marks
not apparently
even aimed at, played

all the way straight through
and won. That's final enough,

for this one, who you
will love
and my response
to you

feels done, plus
not even slightly begun.
Proved best yet already, and
you move me more.
You move me beyond. I don't
know what why or how we'll find,
but I know much this: whatever
it is, if it's you, if it's yours,
then that's my biz.

No comments: