A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 02, 2019

untrustworthy type

Unable to control myself
in my presence as usual, I paid
no attention to the curtain I passed
out behind. It was just a feint
stage left, one
I've gone through
many times. As I exited,
I put an extra strut
in my step,

signifying nothing.

That sound you hear
- so loud! is - don't fret!
Only my heart, a red herring
or macguffin I stuffed into
the plot for suspense,
the heedless and carefree way
I make sense. I conduct my affairs,
and don't ever expect to mount
a defense. Present tense I roll bold,
warm, fond, meaningfully and hard
to miss, approximately precisely
correct. With a taciturn edge to
my musically deadpan drawl, I walk
into a bar, screw in a lightbulb (it
only takes one), complete a bystander's
sentence as a backflip limerick, then

take a fall for a stunt. But no one
can believe I meant to do it, because
I said I did not. Because I didn't.
Ahh, people are so easy to fool
with the truth. I have truly missed
my calling I guess and suspect.
One shot, and I have to say,
that's cool.

I was going to anyway.

No comments: