A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, December 26, 2019

a candle's worth

"The game isn't worth
the candle," she sighed
and moved it to touch
the curtain ablaze. I tore
off her dress to beat the flames
she stood in the (suddenly) naked
window demurely-framed. "You pixie!
You sprite!" I oafed like a bore.
"We live in the light this electric age!
We don't measure games by a candle's
worth!" "Well this one," she lithed
"was worth it, and more." I had been
outplayed. I conceded with grace,
as I always at least more usually
do. As I always at least or more
usually lose. We've burned
many candles between us
two.

No comments: