A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 09, 2019

non-synonymous

I'm always confusing impassive
and implacable, but you know
I think it works for me? "Impassive"
meaning not so much emotionless
as showing no emotion, "implacable"
meaning either "unable to be placated"
i.e. made less angry or hostile, or

"relentless, unstoppable." Now,

speaking impassively, I relent
all the time. I relent
at anything, over nothing
- I relent on a whim!
Sometimes I'm not even doing
anything, and bang!
I relent

anyway.

But it's true I cannot be stopped.
So, considering I could not possibly
be made less angry or hostile than
I already am,

I got distracted, and
forgot my point.

I'm impassive as hell over it

No comments: