A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

point high

I was born with a cup of coffee
and a danish and I grew up
with a ball and a big balloon
whose name was Jaimie, pronounced
"Hi, me" - who I pretended
could speak, but refused to.
My own first word went
unrecorded, but I bet
it was "hey!" since

that's more or less the nerve
and gall I was by-then all too
well-versed in. Responding-to,
barging and upending for win - I was made

to take the point high,
lead the bright charge, and resolve
whatever differences there were,
at large. Naturally,

I lost
every race in the course. Well,
what do you expect. I am
an immovable force.

No comments: