A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, June 04, 2024

The Pane! Pt. 2: Enter The DOOVER

The Shadow knows me. I am 
The Pane. I let shade freely fall 
upon, or light pass through.

That Lamont chap is a self-honorary
halberdier using kung mind fu tricks
on The Sly. Some cheat, huh? I call him

a piker.

Wants all people to know how bad he
really is, though!

Just so.
He
really,
really is that bad, or
was once, which

is the same thing
and always will be,
and what's more: was! Everyone knows
this about Him. And for too long a stretch
to fake-yawn now. By then ("now" back
then, I mean), everybody knows him, sees him
cast in every shady vaguely homo sapient silhouette
- the guilty get antsy. The not so guilty?

He can save them
with no complaints
left to speak.

None who saw him.

But I am The Pane! 
YOU can't see through 
ME, DAD. 

No comments: