A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, June 20, 2024

"Enough With The Kiddo"

Yeah, yeah. We get the idea
already: we're straight, though
you're so "done" with man
you could wish the whole
species picked clean from
all stain in the crotch bulging
panties and underpance. 

And worse things yet: 
I don't feel the same.

My fate, if I have one, is bound
up in you. You've never been worth
more than in my arms, not to me,
not to us, and so on and into our
joined mouths so galore, plus
whatever we'd do? What with
all of your wiles, and
my charms in store. 

We can pick off
the shelf, pack
out to the woods, 
find sleep in intense
hotels for good, because

I felt so safe 
in our hotel tomb. 
Well, I never did want
to return to the womb, 
but I'll wish, pry, try and, yes
best myself, even!

But never
with you. 
I don't have.
Have enough. 
No. Not by myself, and
so neither have we. 

Enough with the kiddo
already. 

Be free. 

No comments: