A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

I suck. Oh I do, yes I did. Too true

I suck on your heart 'til 
it's tart in my mouth with
a coppery tang of burnt brakes,
burning wires dividing us
acidic and acrid, fumes 
of pain shock trauma 
on repeat cycle, and 
endfully. 

Dividing Us
dividing us again
again,
And 
like it
always was.

I knew then I can't 
be good things in 
your life. 

So...it isn't for you. 
It is for us. It's not
for you that I weep now
and say:

The very worst thing
that goes on, forever.
Some words can never
ever be, let alone left.

unsaid

So
we part always,
now we always did.

And you never knew me, no
not like this. What's between
us doesn't even exist, now 
and then. Oh, we lived 
our ways fully, us 
lived once, then.

And died in the park. 

Until the day? 

Maybe.
Your gaze brings 
me all
sudden things
and heartfelt
jolts
the way 
back in the dark. 

No comments: