A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, June 20, 2024

"Gina Right Now"

Now, Gina you made what I mean come true When you sat next to me in seat E, one-two. I saw through the corner of my eye, you were cute but then you turned your head and I was struck, mute Now I don't believe in love at-first-sight But if you disagree, hey, you could be right Awe, Gina you seem like a friendly one Could you lean over here and untie my tongue? Allow me to please introduce myself May I ask what you've planned for tonight as well? I'm normally not coming on so strong But Gina you make my come on come on, come on See I'm not what you'd call the romantic type, I don't rush right in where the fools tread light. I been head over heels, really cracked my skull So I tend to hang back now, self-control And maybe the timing is wrong, right now? But looking at you I just can't see how Show me a clock that tells my time Gimme a girl that could read my mind Someone explain, 'cause I don't know how But all I can see is Gina right now Now Gina you might say you think it's wrong, But if there's no right, then I wrote this song 'cause I base my heart on I know not what But my heartstrings ring what I feel in my gut And maybe we can't either one be good! But I feel like we'd want to. Maybe we could? Show me a clock that tells my time Give me a girl who could read my mind Cupid took aim and my heart said "ow" And all I can see is Gina right now! Show me a clock that tells my time Give me a girl who can read my mind I don't know when and I can't say how but all that I need is Gina, right now.

No comments: